Here is an itinerary for a long walk that I plan to make from Arrochar to Cuil Bay, the plan being that most days start and finish at train/bus stops so friends can join me for one or two days along the route.
Day 1:Drovers Inn – Monachyle Mhor
- An easy walk (but possibly boggy) past a beautiful waterfall to a col at 600m then down an easy glen to the Monachyle Mhor hotel. 10km, 3.5 hours
- City Link to Dover’s Inn, No public transport options to Monachyl Mhor
- Accomodation Monachyle Mhor Hotel
Day 2: Beinn Tulaichean and Cruach Ardrain to Crianlarich
- 2 munroes and 15km and 1025m of ascent. 5-6 hours walk
- Transport options home – train 1556, 1935, 2148, 2205 (as far as Dalmuir)
citylink bus from Crianlarich to Glasgow 17:28, 18:33, 20:38
- Accomodation – Crianlarich YHA
Day 3: Crianlarich to Bridge of Orchy along West Highland Way
- An easy day of walking. 10 km 240m ascent, 3 hours
- Transport options, train station/citylink bus at both ends
- Accomodation: Stance Cottage B&B
Day 4: The Black Mount Bridge of Orchy to the King’s House
- Munros: Stob a’Choire Odhair (945m), Stob Gabhar (1090m), Creise (1100m), Meall a’Bhuiridh (1108m)
- 1900m ascent 20km 9 hours
- Accommodation: King’s House Hotel or Lodges at Glencoe Resort:
- Transport options: train and citylink at Bridge of Orchy, citylink at Kings House.
- alternative route would be along West Highland Way
Day 5: Kings House to Clachaig via Anoach Eagach or Bidean Nam Bian or something else in the vicinity we fancy
- Anoach Eagach (2 Munroes and a scramble) or Bidean Nam Bian (2 Munroes) – some hitch hiking to get to the base of the route allowed….
- Transport options – citylink bus to either end)
- Accomodation: Clachaig Hotel or Glencoe YHA
- Alternative Route: a bimble along the West Highland Way and through the Glen
Day 6: Clachaig to Back Settlement via Ballachulish Horseshoe
- 2 Munroes 1330m ascent, 10km 8 hours or 15km 4 hours
- Transport options citylink bus to Glencoe, limited options from other end
- Finish at Back settlement cottage (stopping at Holly Tree Inn for dinner).
- Alternative low-level route possible too